Tuesday 27 December 2011

...love actually

Today I was overwhelmed with a consuming sense of Love – God was clearly calling this out for me to explore. Hmmm, so on a one page blog I wonder where I can get and as I start writing I’m aware of my potentially limited experience.
I’m pretty sure that the topic which is most prevalent in song writing is Love, it has been written in every style, in every generation and probably from every possible angle.
The first commandment from God is about Love…
Mark 12:30
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'
No coincidence then that Love is something that occupies so much of our lives. The bible affirms over and over again the theme of love and how God the Father loves each and every one of us alike. Love comes in many forms: compassionate, caring and physical between two partners. God experiences love in and with us – perhaps except the love experienced between two partners. Unless God transcends gender and is able to experience that which seems to be uniquely between man and woman.
God sent His only son to earth to be born in human form and experience that which is human, except joining with a woman in physical love. I wonder if that is why as we begin to experience love as teenagers we struggle with limited guidelines on how this should look and feel?
Contentious…I know.
God created us in love and desires that we fully give and receive of the same.  Unconditionally giving love to another requires true vulnerability and ‘submission’. It requires trust and the true wish to put another’s desires and happiness before your own.
I wonder how many people can truly say they experience love in this way. Not just that which is compassionate, caring, emotional, nurturing, parental or only of passion & lust.
As God spoke Love into my heart today I felt an insane sense of excitement, that I can and will experience a shared and consuming sense of love in my life.
I believe that the other components of love and friendship are important but I don’t think consuming love is unrealistic, especially as God has given and commanded that we each have the opportunity to have Love… Actually!

No comments:

Post a Comment