Friday 21 October 2011

...reflected

It was during a conversation with a friend today that I realised how inspired I was by what others see in me, my work or insight.
The reflecting back by another of what I have said, or created can often enlighten and inspire me even more and open my eyes to see what was not there before.
It leaves me wondering if I could have ever seen, developed or extended the original concept, if only I had been more reflective, spent more time in contemplation or simply not rushed to come to a conclusion.
Some of this is about who I am and my personality. I’m a creative design led person, where the process begins with ideas, often lots of them. These are then distilled, designs become products and then become a part of consumers lives.
The opposite is true when others reflect back to me on just one thought or idea, rather than a process of convergence – the reflection takes me further into divergence but on a route through another’s perspective.
It goes against what I naturally do but I have discovered I love it…
Developing, deepening and exploring further through the reflectional ideas, inspiration or excitement of another feels completely consuming.
It brings with it an overwhelming desire and a relational connection that is really strong.
This shared understanding; of co-created divergence opens up a whole world of new possibilities.
Like the images that are created when two mirrors are placed opposite each other. 
Both seeing the same view but from a different space and the reflection created goes on and on and on…

No comments:

Post a Comment